Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Well, I've had a crappy week, how was yours?  Sinuses, allergies, fibromyalgia, depression.  The works.  But, I'm feeling better and got some things done today that made me happy, so we're good. 

My fish tank is doing well, all but the black beard algae is gone and even that is fairly minor, but ugly still.  I've got shrimp and frogbit coming out my ears.  I may have to put some ads up and sell some of each.  To keep a happy healthy tank, you're supposed to do a weekly water change.  I haven't done one in three, almost four weeks.  I was quite worried when I did a water test today, but my water parameters are still within tolerable limits.  I will never do anything but a planted tank ever again.  The plants keep things balanced and help take care of the bad stuff, they use it as food!  All my fish are very happy and healthy. 

My 10 gallon tank is still being a total pain and I'm about ready to just empty it out and give up on it.  I may go buy a little 2.5 gallon and put my betta in that.  Poor guy is still sitting in a one gallon.  That's far better than his little cup they had him in at the store, but still not fair to him.

I bought an in-screen doggie door for the sliding glass door.  It's so we can open the glass and let Lilly let herself in and out on her own when we're home.  Well, that was the idea anyway.  She's still trying to figure it out.  She's getting better tho.

Short and sweet. 

No comments: