Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Doggy Door

Our little schnauzer, cute as she is, is a big ol' chicken.  She's timid and scared of everything.  She obviously did not read her own breed manual (SO not like a schnauzer is supposed to be lol). Anyway, when it's warm, she plays the in and out game.  Every five minutes.  It's tiresome.  I want out, just kidding, I want in.  Sigh.

We don't really have anywhere convenient to put a doggy door and I don't want to invite bugs in by leaving the door open, and our sliding door is skinnier than standard and so an insert wouldn't work, and so we convince her she really doesn't need to go out.  Or at least we try.  After about 10 minutes of her standing by the door, staring at one of us, pawing the door and us, we give in.  Well, a few weeks ago I found this neat little thing that will turn any screen into a door.  I was very excited about it and the fact that it was about $20 made it even more appealing.  So I bought one.


If we hold it open for her, she will go thru, but we can't get her to do it on her own.  She's scared of it. Grrr

If anyone has any good ideas on how to teach a timid dog to use a doggy door, I'm all ears.  Coaxing, treats, and outright pushing don't really work.

No comments: